Heritage Hall ACT Prep Course
Course Dates for the April 13 ACT
Deadline to register (scroll down for form) extended: Monday, April 1
Course will be cancelled if fewer than 6 students register.
Location: Middle School Room 105
- Tues., Apr. 2, 6:00-8:15 pm
- Thurs., Apr. 4, 6:00-8:15 pm
- Sun., Apr. 7, 1:00-4:00 pm
- Mon., Apr. 8, 6:00-8:15 pm
- Tues., Apr. 9, 6:00-8:15 pm
Register for test @ www.actstudent.org by Mar. 22 (late fee applies).
The Heritage Hall ACT Prep Course introduces students to the formal types of questions that are presented on the National ACT. Students will learn test-taking strategies and timesaving techniques to maximize test performance. (Content emphasis will also enhance skills for current high school course work.)
Following are some of the course highlights:
- In-depth math review, including various levels of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry samples used on the ACT
- English review, including content lessons to reinforce and master specific rules for usage & mechanics of grammar, along with pinpointing the rhetorical skills required for successful proofreading & revision most commonly faced on the ACT
- Reading & science reasoning tips & techniques for successfully attacking the four types of reading passages and the multiple styles of science passages most commonly used on the ACT
- Teacher-guided, comprehensive 4-part ACT Test: English (75 problems); math (60 problems); reading (40 problems); and science (40 problems)
- Scoring Guide
- Optional ACT Writing Prompt: Interested students will complete the essay as homework to return to Mrs. Perry at the next class. Then a scoring rubric with instructions for self-evaluation will be provided. (Depending on the timeliness of your paper submission, Mrs. Perry can also provide written comments & suggestions for improvement on your essay.)
- ACT Prep Notebook containing numerous handouts summarizing suggestions, tips, reminders, practice drills, formulas, charts, lists, and your personal notes from the course.
Cost for the five-night workshop (12 hours): $285
Class space is limited, so reserve your spot ASAP to avoid waiting-list status!
Reservation is confirmed on a first-come-first served basis by providing your $75 deposit or full $285 payment & completed registration form.
Recommended Test Dates
The February ACT does not offer the Test Information Release (TIR), retired test w/ your answers + key. Some seniors, who need one more try, may be interested at this time. However, Mrs. Perry and Mrs. Ferguson recommend the following:
- Juniors or younger should only consider taking the ACT offered during the following months in which the TIR can be ordered: April, June, or December.
- Seniors will still have the opportunity to take the ACT test in September and October. We recommend that only Seniors take the ACT during these two months. The ACT Prep will be offered for these.
- To pay by credit card, register below.
- To pay by check:
- Download, complete, and print registration form.
- Submit completed form with deposit or full payment (payable to Heritage Hall) to Cathie McCain Perry, HH Middle School, room 105 or turn in to Sue Harris at the HH MS front office.
This form has expired.